+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha R1 EU vs US

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    lol, just saying bro

anyhoo, yes the indicators and the reflectors are the first dead give aways, other things to look at would be the key immobilizer, the US spec bikes dont have them.

In Bahrain, atleast from the 2009 model onwards they have been selling the US spec bikes.
    Thanks Dio,
    Do you know why they're selling the crap spec (both in engine & cosmetics) model now?
    If I'm buying a bike I want to know I'm getting the best spec for my money

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post
    Thanks Dio,
    Do you know why they're selling the crap spec (both in engine & cosmetics) model now?
    If I'm buying a bike I want to know I'm getting the best spec for my money
    well..it's about the money, I'm not sure about this year, but previous US spec years(09+) ran cheaper.
    Sales wasn't particularly very great in the US, it was shi.t actually, so a lotta models were shipped to Asia with US spec.
    it's not particularly that the engine is crap, just too many restrictions with regards to ECU, ignition timing etc.

the price at which I'd have to import an EU bikes is around 6300...they were selling US spec bikes for 6500. now they brought it down to 5500...for sure they still have a hefty margin at 5500! US spec bikes are sold in the USA for around 10k...

I have been at the dealer yesterday and they have only 1 R1 and 1 R6 both are us spec

The R1 is BD 6500 (white and blue) the original price is BD 7500

The R6 is BD 5500 (red and black)

Both bikes are 2011, and they sold only two R1's in 2011 bcoz of the crazy price

charging that much money for an R1 is one thing. But 5500 for a 600? That's just mad. And above it all US spec

You might be able to get GSXR 1000, 848 or RSV4 for the price of the R6. Shame on the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post
    charging that much money for an R1 is one thing. But 5500 for a 600? That's just mad. And above it all US spec
    7500 lol....what a bunch of clowns in Kooheji..this is definitely a lesson on how to kill a brand name

I really like this Yamaha latest bike such as Yamaha R1 EU . This bike looks very stylish, I really like new 7 - position traction control , Fuel Consumption, more aggressive front fairing and many more. I really love this all key features of Yamaha R1 EU. I like both Yamaha bike such as Yamaha R1 EU and Yamaha R1 US.

Quote Originally Posted by ailixhomes View Post
    I really like this Yamaha latest bike such as Yamaha R1 EU . This bike looks very stylish, I really like new 7 - position traction control , Fuel Consumption, more aggressive front fairing and many more. I really love this all key features of Yamaha R1 EU. I like both Yamaha bike such as Yamaha R1 EU and Yamaha R1 US.
    Yeah very beautiful. I think its the best looking R1 yet

+ Reply to Thread