+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ducati up for sale?

Ducati up for sale?

The Italian private-equity owner of the Ducati – Investindustrial – decided that they would sell the company for over €1 billion (US$1.32 billion) – three times it’s initial investment. Investindustrial’s chairman Andrea Bonomi told the Financial Times: “Ducati is now a perfect company but the further growth it requires needs the support of a world-class industrial partner.” The list of interested parties is quite long one: Mahindra (Indian motorcycle manufacturer), German car groups as Volkswagen and BMW. Although they recently become parters with Ducati, Mercedes Benz is not mentioned for this deal. Several groups in Asia, Europe and US were on the list as well.

Source: Financial Times

so they launch the Panigale in Yas Marina, and then immediately after they announce the company is for sale?
    Looks like they are looking for a Khaleeji buyer

Quote Originally Posted by latebraker View Post
    Looks like they are looking for a Khaleeji buyer
    loooooooool

I agree! LOL
    2010 Kawasaki ZX10R - SOLD

when I read news like this, so many things come to mind. Some positive and other negative

latebraker, the reason they launched in Yas is because the weather at the moment in Europe is not ideal for riding bikes on track.
    While the weather in the region is quite nice. Look at what happened with the MV Agusta F3 press launch in Europe a week back.
    A wet cold track surface no one could really find out how good the bike was.

Although Latebraker, your point might have some merit

I would like to know the reason for the launch in Yas Marina, instead of Losail (official motogp/superbike track)

Audi to buy Ducati? rumor?

reports are circling that Audi could be the new home of Ducati motorcycles. Though spreading over the internet like wildfire, the news comes from a solitary article on Car Magazine, which has been reprinted by several of the magazine’s other sister publications. According to Car, this news dovetails nicely with VW Chairman Ferdinand Piech’s desire to have a motorcycle brand in its wings.

i heard Mahindra are interested

Officially Official Audi Buys Ducati for $1.1 Billion

+ Reply to Thread