+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BST viewing?

BST viewing?

So...I'm just shooting an idea out there.

I don't know if many people on here have seen BST carbon wheels, if you like maybe we can arrange a meet up and I can show you these things of beauty.

if your up for it, I can make some plans.

does BST rim have same strength with normal rims?
    They are expensive and I am sure no one wants to damage them with crap roads here
    2005 Kawasaki ZX6R

Hi,

Well yes, carbon is extremely robust. the advantages of any Carbon Wheel would be lightweight with high strength.

You won't have to worry about damage! , the wheels age well...most of them look brand new even after 10yrs of use.

This is literally the single most reflective modification that you can do to your bike.

lighter wheels has to be one of the best mods you can do to a bike.
    We're spoilt for choice though, between bst carbon fiber, forged aluminum, and magnesium.

I don't know why they don't use carbon wheels in Motogp and superbike
    they are very light especially when all the rest of the bike is carbon

I think it has to do with Brembo, who owns most of the brands involved in motoGP and the effects of moving to different manufacturers.

By the way, carbon rims are allowed to run in Moto GP

Twisted as Dio said, carbon rims are allowing in MotoGP, but because of contractual obligations and sponsor rights Brembo that owns Marchesini are the sole supplier of wheels in MotoGP because they give them free to the teams. Also BST just does not have the capacity to supply a sport like Moto GP. But there are some Moto2 teams running BST wheels, because they are not supplied as part of the deal with Brembo.

so how much does a pair go for here? Dio where did you buy them? and how much you pay?
    2005 Kawasaki ZX6R

+ Reply to Thread